Saturday, March 31, 2012

Crunchy Garbanzo Bean Snack

 Daniel's Aunt Joy made this tasty crunchy little snack at a party around Christmas time.  I decided to give it a try, and they are so good and healthy!

Simply rinse and pat dry with a towel or paper towel one 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans.  Spray a pan with olive oil and spread out the garbanzo beans, moving them around to get coated by the oil.  Then sprinkle on a little bit of salt, and seasoning to taste.  I added a pinch of cayenne pepper and cumin.  Bake at 425 degrees F for 35-45 minutes until crunchy.  Stir periodically throughout the baking time.  
I suppose you could do this with any kind of bean.  I'll have to experiment.  

2 comments:

  1. I just made these and my kids ate them up before I could even get them off the baking sheet! I have never had them voluntarily eat up plain beans so quickly before! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete